Friday, April 22, 2011

'Tis a Good Friday

Hi loved ones!
I must admit this weather has made it very difficult for me to bask in the sweetness that is supposed to be Spring...snow in mid-April? Come on! All that aside, I will say that this week definitely has brought a sense of contentment and gratefulness my way. After learning early in the week about a colleague of mine who lost his young son, I began to think good and hard about my lack of excitement and joy this week and decided to get over it; what do I really have to complain about? So, I did my best to suck it up and be the best mom and wife I can be while we remained stuck inside the house, again.
I had also noticed that my role in the classroom had started falling below par. I had been struggling with the overall success of my students and began to even question if I was enjoying myself, "do I belong here, in the profession?" I just wasn't feeling the thrill of teaching anymore. By the end of the week things started to look up; I presented an unique project idea, and the students responded positively. For a few days I forgot about the count down to summer and instead looked ahead to the fun activities and events I have planed for the kids. I can honestly say, I think I can finish this school year well. I can do all things....
On the home front, our sweet Caleb had a little bout with a yucky cough and lots of sinus drainage too. Needless to say, we have seen our share of Kleenex this week. After a visit to the doctors office, we were glad to know that there is no sign of infection or need for antibiotics...."He is a resilient kid" the nurse said. I really appreciate those health care workers, they really have their work cut out for them this time of year. (This is Caleb's top Toy of the Week; thanks Ms. Jenna for letting us borrow it.)

As I write this dreary, Good Friday morning, I can only say my heart still hurts for the family who lost their 11 year old boy this week. The gloom of the day only reminds me of those excruciatingly, painful hours before another family mourned the loss of their beloved Son, so many years ago. This Good Friday, may we all reflect on what we have been given. Life. Such a precious thing. A young Man died for us so that we might truly live.


Thank-you Jesus for what you did for us on the cross. Thanks for loving us so much!

This is a pic of Caleb reading his Easter card from Grams and Papa. He carried it around the house all morning.

Happy Easter everyone!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I love your blog April!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts:)

Lola said...

I look forward to your blogs. Thanks for sharing the gift of life in words.

Renee Marsh said...

That photo with Caleb reading his card is priceless!