Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL! 
How was your evening?  Ours was lovely; complete with a relaxing dinner at the Inca Heritage with some of our favorite friends!
Leap Frog is still on this AM. After a few Frozen sing-along songs and a couple Magic School Bus episodes, we are all still in Pj's; perhaps it’s time to get dressed...naaa.
This morning I obsessively cleaned and re-organized all of the kids’ toys.  That is to say I purged a lot of toys the boys don’t play with anymore or have missing or broken parts.  I absolutely love seeing what the year brought to the boys via entertainment. Most often it has included hot wheels cars.  I’m pretty sure we should take out stock in those tiny cars. Other hot logos include: Legos, Star Wars and anything Super Hero! The boys have discovered the joy of building, while I slowly swallow the annoying thought of stepping on one of said Legos, barefoot….Its’ going to be OK; its going to be OK.  This year I hope to see the boys create more masterpieces together. Maybe it’ll be more Lego projects or forts; regardless, I anticipate a productive, team-building year.
Now that the play area and toy box is back up to Mama Brittos' standards, I feel free to write a bit and recall the past 12 months.  I asked the boys a spattering of questions yesterday ranging from, “What do you want to learn in this New Year,”  “What is your best memory of 2014,” and  “What’s your favorite book?” It’s so fun to watch them think and devise sweet responses.  Joshua however, is so stinkin’ silly these days it took me a considerably longer time pulling out these responses….”Josh what’s your favorite song?  “Ummmm……just a second……” was his response.  Oh brother.  Later, I finally was able to record some fun facts about my adorably, bright boys.
This is the printable I used to guide the questions.  I hope to have the boys do it all themselves in the future.  Color and decorate it for a unique document to look at year after year.
This past year was eventful and well,....expensive. We got a new deck and all the fixings, I went back to school and we took a few mini-vacations with the boys. All in all the Britto family had a successful, happy year.


Caleb is loving 4K.  Every day he tells me he loves Math and can’t wait to learn to tell time! He has grown so much, sometimes we can’t believe just a HOW much. He has matured and morphed into a sweet, gentle, thoughtful, very social and mostly-obedient, little boy.  His legs keep getting longer while his itty-bitty waist stays the same.  His face is losing its roundness and he is looking more and more like his handsome daddy. He calls me ‘Mamarooski’ (no idea;) and melts my heart every time he tells me I look so pretty. He and his brother learned the lyrics to a great praise song in Spanish.  It’s hip and energetic; the epitome of my boys.  Take a peek here if you’d like. * Their favorite part is right around the 2 minute mark ;)

Joshua is our little stinker.  He is wearing the 3 year old attitude with authority. He says things like, “Let me see….” “This is cool!” “No quiero!” (I don’t want to!) “Just let me think a minute.” My favorite phrase: “I love you, mama (always with a little smirk).” He has officially taken on the wrestling buddy role with his big brother, no longer afraid or too little to hold his own. His favorite center at school is the kitchen, go figure, and still likes to sit by the teacher more than any one friend.  It never ceases to amaze me just how different these boys are. I love watching him dance around to pretty much any song.  Carlo and I both see music in his future. Perhaps the guitar and accordion they got this Christmas from the GG's will inspire him:) God only knows. We pray that this New Year would be a brave one for our little Lioness.  His big goal is to only have his Mantita at nap time and bed time….it’s an upward battle but, We. Will. Succeed.:)


Carlo and I make a new list of goals every year. On top of the 2015 list is spending less time on FB and being more present with each other and the boys.  (Thanks, Jess. Really, Truly).  With Carlo’s 40th right around the corner and a wish list including four fun trips, (representing each of his four decades) we will need to begin planning and watch our budget like a hawk so that it can really come to fruition.  Therefore this year we will SAVE, SAVE, SAVE! Somewhere on the list will be to eat healthy and get into a great routine for exercise again.  An AdvoCare 10 day cleanse is in the very near future.  If anyone is interested in joining us let me know I can get you a discount on a great herbal cleanse!

This year brought a new blossoming friendship my way.  I have been inspired and blessed by her spirit. This week I was prompted to write down a little ditty after reading one of her blogs.  I’m not sure what I’ll do with it. Maybe nothing.  Maybe it’s just to show the power of the Most High. We all have a story. I have HIStory.  There is always a new and an old. A then and a now. Here is mine.

Then I was less than confident. Now I am a delivered, liberated fighter.
Then I was insignificant. Now I am loved, and cherished and desired.
Then I was unhealthy mentally and physically.  Now I am strong, smart and even pretty.
Then I was below average.  Now I am His number one, the Apple of His eye.
Then I was confused and lost. Now I am determined and focused and driven.
Then I was lackluster. Now I shine for the Most High and all that He is to me.
Then I was sad maybe a bit depressed.  Now I can sing and dance, for I am free!
Then I was lazy, unmotivated.  Now I can’t wait to learn something new and I feel alive.
Then I was content just surviving. Now I can’t wait for the next adventure.

Bring on 2015!  May all of our days and months ahead be bright, liberating and full of adventure!
God Bless :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hurrah!! I love all of this, April: the intentionality, the insight, the honoring and loving observation of the boys' quirks, and the goal-setting. I'm so glad you were inspired by my blog, and that He spoke to you as a result. I'm humbled by the ways He prods us to encourage and edify each other. Love you, dear friend!