Tuesday, July 10, 2012

We are RICH!

So I accomplished something the other day that I thought might never happen this year… I found a new bathing suit! (Better late than never, right?!?)  I took a spontaneous trip to one of my favorite department stores where I have found some sweet deals in the past. The swim suit rack was fairly picked over but I was more motivated that day for some reason to keep my eyes open and pick through the string bikinis and eight hundred XXXL ones with hopes in finding a cute one-piece I could bring home. When I held it up, I didn't fall in love with it at first, but I heard my moms voice in my head saying, "just try it on!"  So I did.  Here’s the kicker...I had both boys with me!  Yes, that’s right, I took an infant and a toddler into a tiny room with annoyingly bright lights and a gigantic mirror and striped down to almost nothing to try on the most intimidating garment ever, and still managed to emerge in one piece...with happy kids!  We did it!  I simply just took a deep breathe and said “GO FOR IT!” I unharnessed Josh from his pouch and put him in the tiny cart where he sat happily inside the room with us, and let Caleb out of the cart to “stretch his legs.” We had a nice room where the sides went all the way to the floor so I didn’t have to worry about any of his cars racing  into the neighbors’ dressing room…phew!  While mommy quickly tried on what seems like the 65th suit of the season, I recall mentally preparing for some disappointment but this time was met with a refreshingly different result.  Thank God!

As I shimmied the suit up, I prayed for a successful experience and to not be sad with the likelihood that it wouldn’t fit in all the right places. Post-baby bod fits into most pre-baby bod clothes...just not the same way;)... “Just be thankful that you are healthy and you actually have the means to get to buy a new suit this year.”  Also, this time I was reminded once again that this is, in the words of Andy Stanley; one of my favorite teaching pastors; a “rich persons’ problem.” Not in a snooty, brag-y, sort of way just noting that there are millions of people around the globe who don’t get the luxury of going shopping. For anything. EVER. Bathing suits included.  You can check out Andy's message and hear the specifics of what I am talking about if you'd like.  Pay close attention to minutes 9:10-14ish and then 20:05-20:35. God has blessed me with more that I need; I am rich!  PS The whole message is great if you have the time!

All that said, I shook everything into place as much as I could and took another deep breath, chin up and surprisingly, not disappointed! In fact, I liked how I looked.  A  success!  I quickly got dressed, put everyone back into place and was on my merry way. The lady who gives you that little plastic card with the number of garments on it, even gave me a congratulatory two thumbs up as we marched out of there in high spirits. P.S. Since next weekend we have a Christmas in July party where there will be a pool and fun in the sun with family, I may get a pic of me in this celebrated suit...stay tuned ;)

In other news, our air conditioner broke.  We got home from hanging out with friends on the 4th, which was a blast, to find the house just as humid and hot as it was outside…trust me something you don’t want to happen especially with all the record high temps these past weeks. Ugh.  Not gonna lie; I definitely did NOT have the wherewithal to remember that having a broken central air unit also is a “rich persons problem.” With two tired babies and one hot momma, I am certain God gave Carlo a huge dose of patience as I mumbled lots of crabby words as I tried getting Josh back to sleep in his sticky crib unsuccessfully. In the end I discovered Carlo and Caleb do MUCH better in the humidity than Josh and me.  By noon the next day we had cooler air coming through the vents.  Thanks Action-Man! And again, thank God we were able to get it fixed so quickly.

Overall, this summer has been great!  A trip to Green Bay with the boys for some Gorenc family fun (minus the random ear infection Caleb got on our way up), a wonderful first experience with fireworks at Rhythm and Booms and an upcoming ice-cream social party with PB&J makes me proud and thankful. I truly feel rich!
~Lord keep reminding us to never take things for granted. To top the list of reasons why this family is "rich;" we have a fantastic family and awesome friends who love us dearly. Help us to always be mindful of the fact that Your comforting peace, abundant love and matchless grace is more than we will ever need! 

Check out this pic of Caleb that Jenna took at Rhythm-n-Booms (Madison's firework display) with his "light saber!"


Josh having his first taste of squash! You can't tell by the pic, but he was not a big fan.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this April!!! Beautiful.