Thursday, June 20, 2013

What makes you smile?


 
I'll start with a video shot on our way for a fun-filled Saturday at the Farmers Market and the Park.
While I write on this crazy-beautiful afternoon, I am thankful for all things summer.  I heart grilling, sprinkler-ing, the smell of sunscreen and walks to the park. I love letting the boys be lulled to sleep with the hum of the mid-day mowers. I love juicy watermelon kisses. I love the farmers market with family. I love the fact that I have dirty dishes in the sink and laundry that needs folding and somehow it doesn’t bother me. I love the breeze in the trees and the birds that sing.  (OK, I’m not a fan of the birds that poop on my porch). I love impromptu trips to the Sassy Cow Creamery and pool-side snacks. But most of all I absolutely love watching my calendar fill up with sweet, summery-time plans.
 

I get a little giddy at the sight of this months’ weekend section of our family planner splattered with things like: Birthday bonfire, Mystery Wine Tasting Party, and an Oscar Mayer 5K with Carlo and the boys! I'm looking forward to fireworks with friends in July and the mini- getaways scheduled to Devil’s Lake and Lake Ripley. We are headed to Chicago one weekend and later this summer are are doing a backyard camping trip to the Moll’s! I will even get to sneak away for a mani/pedi mid-July, just in time to show off my flip-flop tan!

I asked Caleb recently what his favorite part of summer is, and his response…..”Um, I’m not sure.” In his defense, there is a lot to choose from;)



First Villas Zoo trip of the season with Renee and E!

        The boys and I cleaning Daddy's car for Father's Day.

Caleb is getting to be such a big boy. He is officially potty trained at night. We are so proud of him.  He is currently awaiting a sweet prize we ordered for him in the mail.  It’s the cutest transformer firetruck I’ve ever seen.  His name is Roy. We got hooked on him while watching some on-line episodes of Robocar Poli  in Korean. Check it out.



So I hope that you and yours are enjoying these lazy, summer days. If you're super busy or perhaps currently located on another hemisphere; I wish you well and want to remind you to take time to be thankful, whatever the day brings.

Random side note.

Has anyone ever heard of C. JoyBell C.?  I feel like I may have been living under a rock when I stumbled upon one of her many quotes.....

"Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it."

Please feel free to share your thoughts on this rather challenging statement. Dad. I know you what to ;)

Also, for some options to think and respond to:
What are your favorite summertime events? Do you and your family have any summertime traditions?

No comments: