Sunday, May 8, 2011

What a week!

Last Saturday, which had officially become my day to blog, was instead spent running in the Madison Crazy Legs 8K with my friend Nicole. We had a great time and finished in just under an hour; 55 min and 15 seconds to be exact! There is always this sense of accomplishment that comes with crossing the finish line. As we approached the 50 yard line at Camp Randall Nicole says, "we just ran 5 miles; 6 weeks ago I couldn't imagine doing that." In the end, it felt good to know we were able to complete the challenge.


The day before that, Caleb got to partake in his second egg hunt of the year at the Lapacek Orchard in Poynette. It was so cute to see all the little ones scattered about the land squealing with excitement! Caleb of course was more concerned with the sticks and stones on the ground than the actual eggs. Still, we came home with lots of sweet treats and trinkets to enjoy!

Last Saturday afternoon, after the morning run, we all hopped in the van to head back up north for a second weekend in a row! We actually got to meet my parents in Appleton this time. After a nice visit with them and our dear friends the Rintamaki's at the mall, Mom and Dad took Caleb back to their place so we could go to a concert; rather, a new CD release party of one of my friends Danen Kane. He has a unique sound and writes his own songs filled with God honoring lyrics. If you have not heard of his music and you are a fan of the styling’s of Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson or just plain ol' good music, you should definitely check out his website! A blessed day turned into an even more blessed evening. The music truly was good for my heart.

I really can’t believe that the first week of May has come and gone. Oh, and I have to tell you about my incredibly thoughtful and sweet husband.... For my birthday (5/7) and mother’s day (5/8) celebration he planned an entire evening out of the house for us to enjoy time alone; a perfect idea. He arranged for my parents to come down to hang out with Caleb Friday evening, so we could enjoy dinner and a movie together; I couldn’t have planned it better myself. We had dinner at Bonfyre in Madison and then to the theater to see Water for Elephants; the one movie I had been talking about wanting to see ever since I finished the book. Needless to say, we had a blast and savored every moment together, even the part where we stopped at Target before the movie to buy socks for me so I could take off what I call my, "Red hot-momma-high-heels," to fully enjoy the movie ;) Then on Saturday evening I got together with my girls to enjoy some yummy dessert to celebrate life....

In other news, we are starting to plan our first summer camping trip with Caleb and can’t wait to see how that will all turn out. In addition to our summer plans, we will officially include, drum roll please........A BABY-MOON!!! Yes, folks we are expecting in late December! Hooray! I will post an ultrasound as soon as possible.

Here is a shot of Caleb and Papa at Easter, snuggling after his afternoon nap.

Have a superb rest of the week! I hope to meet you back here soon!

Lots of love,

April


3 comments:

Julie Smith said...

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you both! A month behind Todd and Lis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PersimonDreams said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! (the girls are too)

April said...

Thanks Kim and Julie! We are pretty pumped too ;)