Wednesday, May 25, 2011

1st Trimester = Booo

So I took a bit longer getting back here then originally planned. This pregnancy was kicking my butt there for a while....I could barely keep my eyes open and when they were open, I was doing all I could to keep from being nauseous...it was not successful. Also, I now have my very own laptop thanks to my husband. I am very excited about it; it was a birthday/Mothers Day gift! It took a few weeks to get here from China I guess, since we special ordered a pearl pink one, but its here now and she is a beauty! The idea was to get one of my own so I could write and keep up on my blog; let's see if it works.....
I have no great pics to share this week. As I have said, my life these past two weeks has been less than active, or should I say productive? That's not to say we didn't enjoy ourselves. Caleb and I have been enjoying some lovely outings with PB&J and friends as often as possible. We've been to the park a number of times, and to the orchard this past week. Two weekends ago the whole family got to take a drive to Middleton to pick up Caleb's 1 year photos we took with Creative Look. They turned out so nicely! I was excited to get them in their frames and hung around the house. We also spent some time at the West Towne Mall, looking for nice dress pants for Carlo to no avail, slightly disappointing. We will inevitably have to order on-line. I don't know why we didn't think of that earlier.
This past Sunday after service, I talked Carlo into taking us to the Inca Heritage for some fine Peruvian cuisine. I of course, have had little to no energy to cook much less be creative in the kitchen, so it was nice to get out for a "real" meal. (I think Carlo was getting sick of the Mac and Cheese;) Caleb enjoyed some Aji de Gallina with me and we even got to get some yummy dessert...Mousse de Lucuma! Made me think of Mamama and her love for Lucuma ice cream.
This week is slowing moving by. I am really looking forward to a visit from my parents this weekend for Brat Fest! I really hope the baby likes brats, because I plan on eating a couple! I am hoping the weather is nice so we can enjoy that and get some yard work done as well.
Those of you who are wondering; I had my first pre-OB appointment this week and there really is noting to report other than our due date most likely will be December 30th. The baby will share a birthday with Papa G ;) I will have an ultrasound the 14th of June, so you will have to wait patiently for the 1st photo of Baby B#2.
Enjoy your long weekend! Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: