Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas 2012

I started writing this post 3 different times this month. My only goal today, is to complete it before Carlo and Caleb come home from watching the Packer game at a friends house.  PS, this peace and quite while the babe sleeps soundly in his crib, is probably the best gift in the whole wide world right now. 
I'm not sure how to address or even begin to bring up what has happened tragically this week in Connecticut. All I know is that I haven't had a whole lot of time to myself to process it until now and my heart is broken. I guess I could have one of two different responses.  I could either get mad and depressed, maybe even a little scared. Or I can talk to God about it; who I believe never, ever wanted anything like this to happen...Why did these sweet innocent babies have to die? How do sick people get guns? What happened to him that made him so angry? How in the world would I handle loosing one of my babies and go on living? What good can come out of such horrific acts?
My thoughts and prayers go out to the parents,siblings, friends and the teachers and administration in that district and surrounding communities. I pray that God would hold them close and give them strength to move forward.  I pray for our nation.  May we not loose hope in mankind.....may this terrible crime make us move into action and come together to finally see change, so that this never happens again.


Ok. So I also wanted to post some recent pics of the kids. I've been making the lists and checking them twice for our big Texas Christmas trip this year.  I'm not really sure of the breakdown of emotions I'm experiencing.  I am certain though, that I am ignoring the anxious ones that are so desperately tring to take the wheel. Traveling with 2 small children; one of which is still potty training, 3 pieces of heavy luggage including 20+ gifts, a pack-n-play and double-stroller forces one to also pack some patience. I know its been done before on a much larger scales but the first time always seems like more of a big deal.  We can do it, that I know.  I know that it is crucial that I stay in the moment once we get there and to not worry about missed naps and messed up schedules. Its gonna be lots of fun with lots of family...I'm talking 30 people all the way from places like Michigan, Florida and Lima, Peru! We leave Friday morning.  Fort Worth,Texas here we come!
 
A couple of weekends ago, Carlo had a Gala event for work which meant just one thing for me; Mama gets a new dress! Lets just say this new dress was long overdue. Post baby #2 body is as good as its gonna get for now.  I have to say, I was happy with this red number.  I was the receiving end of a lot of compliments. Never a bad thing.  Thanks Jaci for convincing me to try in on in the first place.
 
This weekend was a blast. Lots of Christmasing and good food was had. Friday night at our GG ugly sweater and white elephant party we received some fine gifts. This little guy is now the proud owner of this festive hat. We also got some fabulous window clings with semi-creepy looking dogs on them.  Caleb was kind of excited about them. Saturday night was our second annual comfy,Christmas/game night with friends.  All I will say is that I dominated at SPOONS this year. Last year at this time I had less energy and lots more belly to maneuver.  parties with friends never disappoint.


So, as this family prepares for our Texas get-away; did I mention we will be gone for 2 weeks? We wish you all a very Merry Christmas.  May you remember the reason for the season and stop to hold your loved ones a little tighter this Holiday season. I will miss you Mom, Dad, Boogie, Jess, Aaden, Gwynnie girl and the rest of my side of the family this Christmas more then you know.

 Just going to be real here again, May God continue to open our hearts to His love.  May we allow Him to help us see others the way He sees us. Precious children. Each and every one. Thanks for sending us Love, through a baby in a manger.  Happy Birthday Jesus.  We love you.

 
Carlo took the boys and I to see this sight the other night at a home about 20 minutes from our place.  Words really can't describe it.
 

No comments: