Saturday, May 18, 2013

Check!




May is finally here! What a crazy, fun-filled  month it has been. I'm thrilled with the progress we’ve made on the to-do list.  
Last weekend was picture day at the
Lapacek's Apple Orchard . Check! I am so excited! During the session I might have even shed a joy-filled tear watching Karmen work her magic with the boys.  Pics to come. Happy belated birthday mom ;)

The boys have been getting their daily dose of fresh air …wanting to spend every moment out there.
We've recently updated the clubhouse in the backyard and we are loving it. 



 
 Of course it has become a semi obsession  of mine always changing and rearranging, decorating and rearranging....  Caleb’s buddies in the neighborhood have been coming over more often to see if he can play after supper time.  Just the other night was the first time he asked us if he could go back out after dinner. Josh was already in bed.  Twas a sweet moment watching his face light up when we said he could go. I guess our summer hours have settled in already ;)

My birthday and Mother's Day were excellent.  Of course the Carrie Underwood concert was fantastic! I had a great time with my girlfriends. Check. A pic of the five of us at the concert was even posted on her official site after the show in Milwaukee. Sorry, you probably can't see it anymore. I think they put new ones up after every show. Still, pretty cool.

The following Saturday we spent some quality time with my mom and dad in Fond Du Lac  (a great half-way meeting spot between here and Green Bay.)for Mother's Day. We  found some sweet treasures there; one of which is a coffee and wine bar with tasty gourmet-y salads, wraps and sandwiches AND a great Sassy Cow-like haven just on the out skirts of town with great ice-cream. Check! We definitely will be gathering there again in the near future ;)

Also, my heart is happy that grilling season is in full swing. Carlo and I even grilled a pineapple dipped in cinnamon the other night. Check. Total YUM! Thanks Samba grill for the idea.

If you are tuning in to see if that (stinkin') fence we’ve been talking about is checked off the list; ….it's actually been completely deleted from the list.  I think I'm over it. Our washing machine broke and then we decided we'd rather save more for a great big improvement on our patio and deck area….ahhh home improvements. Fence got booted and not we are dreaming about a lovely backyard with great entertaining potencial….some day.Y'all could be praying that I make it through the summer without any major corralling catastrophes. I think I can, I think I can....



Last Saturday night I did the Glow Run here in Madison. Check.  Even though it was quite cold, we still had a great time dancing at every mile with the music wearing all of our glow- in- the- dark apparel. All in all, a good experience. I learned not to expect warmer night time weather in the middle of May.

This weekend we will have dinner with some great friends whom I miss dearly. She recently gave birth to their first baby girl. After a difficult time in the hospital post-partum, they are finally home- sweet- home and I couldn’t be happier for them.  I plan on holding baby Isabella lots and lots tonight, while we sit around the fire and roast hot dogs and marshmallows.

Feeling blessed and ready for more.


What will your Memorial Day look like?
Do you have any fun things on the calendar for the rest of the summer?
 

No comments: