Sunday, February 9, 2014

February Fun


I think I found my new theme song:

Beautiful Things  Gungor

I probably should make it the background music while you read this thing….not sure how to do that. Just have a listen and enjoy; be refreshed. The title of this song reflects exactly what I was trying to say when I called this thing, Blooming in the Gravel.


February is here and we are doing our very best to enjoy all this time in-doors.
Josh and E at the Botanical Gradens
Making plans for spring break and our summer vacation is really what helps me move forward. These past few weeks I’ve been trying my best to keep everyone healthy to no avail….It started with Caleb and a nasty cough.  Soon after it was Josh and then myself.  I actually called in for a sub at school last week to recoup.  It was a Friday. I literally couldn’t speak. Made for an interesting afternoon of redirecting the boys…This past week Carlo started with all the symptoms.  I love that his way to recovery generally involves a piano or guitar….we are currently all relaxing as much as possible with our friend VICKS exhaling in the background. Right now the boys are singing with daddy.  Thank God Carlo has not lost his voice. Today is going to be a great day.  Robes, tea, Heartland and beautiful messes….

 The kitchen, of course is a mess after a traditional Sunday breakfast of some version of eggs and bacon of course, coffee.  Also we just ate one of the best mangos (from Peru, no less) I’ve eaten in a while. Score for Aldi produce! The backyard is sparkling with a fresh dusting of snow and all seems to be right in the world.

Last night we celebrated one of my favorites with a night out on the town (of Columbus) ;) Sitting around the mismatched table and chairs at the pub made we smile….the decor and the company seemed to come together in a sweet infusion of memories and character….good stuff.

From the pub, Carlo and I both brought our A-game to the bowling alley.  I honestly didn’t think I was going to make it past 10pm.  Around 9:45 things changed.  The lights dimmed and cosmic events ensued. There is something about black lights and fun music that makes me want to conquer the world.  OK maybe, it was the feeling of staying out way past my bedtime with all my besties, AND the fact that our beloved sitter threw us a freebie, that all bets were off…. Whatever it was, I had a blast! I'd celebrate Jamie's 29th all over again if I could.  Happy Birthday, Jamie!

 
Oh did I mention I got to stay in bed until 7:30 this morning?  Yeah, life is good. It’s the little things, people.

 Happy day to you!
Stinker
Oh Sole Mio

Ms. Jaci took this while we read books one day...




 

No comments: