Sunday, July 20, 2014

Summer lovin' had me a blast!

The boys are currently in the backyard fighting the dragons with Daddy. They are wearing the superhero capes that have become an essential piece of their summer wardrobe.  Meanwhile, I just came upstairs from a two hour and a half hour long reading fest. Those of you who don't know, I decided to take two more classes towards my masters this summer with the hopes to graduate next spring. The research class I'm currently taking is so different than any other class I've taken for obvious reasons; all in all I feel smarter already. My research is about learning a second language and what some of the barriers might be surrounding acquisition. If you have any insight or would ever like to share your experience learning a second language give me a call!
My new favorite place in the house, my new office!

On the home front our new deck is beautiful, we are all enjoying it so much!  We have had four, BBQ parties on it so for this summer! Next week there are plans to dig and pour in the new stamped concrete that will finish up the project just in time for the Britto family reunion! This mama couldn't be more excited and thrilled to have the additional outdoor living space complete!


My sis sweet sister-in-law Jessica, gave me a book called “Surprised by Motherhood.” It has provided the fresh breath I need in between reading research articles and textbooks. There are some great one-liners that I find enlightening. One of which is so true it almost makes me cry happy tears. 
“Becoming a mother is like breaking up with yourself.” 

Oh how this is so true yet such an incredible phenomenon I wouldn't have it any other way. These boys are redefining me on so many levels I never thought possible.  I’m learning how to speak their language, use age appropriate problem solving strategies, how to hold ‘baby bear’ properly, drive matchbox cars and a ton about my own patience level—a given.

Can't forget the all important vacation re-cap.
Earlier this week we took our first family camping trip to Governor Dodge State Park.  The van was stuffed with all the essentials; super-cool water guns for the beach, donuts for breakfast, and clip-on bug 
repellent. I’d definitely recommend this experience to friends and family who have not yet ‘tented’ with children.  PS leaving garbage hanging form tree in your camp site will serve as an open invite for special furry creatures to come in the middle of the night. ~Its always a good time watching daddy defend his family from said furry creature aka mission: Mapache!





Took the boys on a paddle boat ride. This is the only pic we took.

Love this kid!
   
And this one ...
   
My lovies in an old 'ice box' near Stevens Falls.


The day we headed home from our little get-away we stopped at Cave of the mounds in Blue Mounds WI. The boys had a blast. We will definitely be returning there as well.
Cave of the Mounds


Let us raise an invisible glass of Arnold Palmer and say, Here's to a sweet summer filled with fun and refreshing family time. May we all  keep growing and learning and loving!


No comments: