Thursday, June 16, 2011

Campfires, Lemonade Stands and Ultrasounds

This month has been quite a whirlwind for the Britto Clan. It seems that as the size of my belly continues to increase, so do the number of events on our calendar. However, now that summer is in full swing I am ready to dive in!
I am happy to have been blessed with the opportunity last weekend to unplug from the world and head way up north to Eagle River, to spend some quality time with the ladies in my family. There are never enough words in my vocabulary to describe the feeling I get when I am sitting outside around a campfire in the middle of a thick forest of trees, among the people I love. Grandma, Mom, 2 of my sweet Aunts and 3 of my favorite girl cousins spent the weekend in a beautiful log cabin enjoying one another’s company, just being girls. It was refreshing, relaxing and went by way too quickly. Nonetheless, I will treasure those couple of days for many years to come.

This week Caleb and I had fun with our PB&J friends. We decided to have a lemonade stand to raise money to donate to a good cause. Meanwhile, Caleb enjoyed eating all of the lemons and sipping on lemonade before, during and after our picnic lunch with all of his buddies. The boys had a nice time trying to wave down passerby’s and enjoyed “serving” those who stopped for a refreshing beverage. There is always something sweet about watching little boys get the job done! We hope to go strawberry picking this week too; here's to happy little people ready to put as many berries in our bucket as they want to put in their bellies!

Early this week I had my first ultrasound to check to see if all is going well with baby #2. We are happy to report that at almost 12 weeks baby is doing well! He or She has a heart rate of 167 and stretches a whopping 2 1/4 inches long! Carlo and I have yet again seen the glory of God and are so blessed to have the responsibility to raise another one of His children. Thanks in advance for all of your support through the remainder of this pregnancy. I appreciate all the love and sweet encouragement; keep it coming ;)
I wanted to add a couple of sweet shots of C-dog enjoying some down time around home these past couple of weeks. I will never ever get tired of that adorable, toothy little smile of his!

No comments: